Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tokyo trip

We just spent a weekend in Tokyo. I thought Tokyo was great, it felt much cleaner, safer and friendlier than Osaka. Maybe they're just more gaijin friendly? I went to the Edo Tokyo museum and would fully recommend it to anyone. Free guides are available in many languages (I got one lovely English speaking lady all to myself). You can ask stupid questions and get the inside knowledge that may be difficult just walking around by yourself. I have a distinct lack of knowledge about Japanese history, so I got a lot out of this museum. Here is a link with Japanese, English, Korean and Chinese Edo Tokyo Museum

Check out the huge bus and the really long cool escalator going up into the Edo Tokyo Museum.



www.flickr.com




1 comment:

Perogyo said...

I've always wanted to go to the Edo museum, ever since I read about it in Nihongo Journal. Glad you had a nice trip!