Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back again

Once again i've been awol. But this time I have a good excuse. I have been feeling absolutely terrible. Imagine feeling like vomiting about 14 hours of the day?! That's been my life everyday for the last three weeks.

I'm pregnant! It is long awaited news for Yutaka and I and of course our families. My Mum is already madly crocheting a million booties and bonnets and things.

I am very excited to be a Mum and can't wait to make our family one person bigger. I remember when I was a teenager thinking about being a Mum... I started a list of names for my future kids when I was about 12! A few I have had to cross of though, as they have 'v' or 'l' or are unable to be pronounced properly in Japanese. Plenty of other names work in both languages though.

So here I start the pregnancy journals. Can't say how much i'll be writing or if i'll feel up to it very often.

I leave you with a pic I took last week. Love daffodils!

Profile

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naomi is both Japanese and English! Assuming bub is a girl, of course. Or... Mai is close to May, I guess.

I've already said congrats, but I'll do it again, 'cause it's exciting!

Omedetou gozaimashita!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Just wanted to offer my congrats here as well! I am SOOOO excited for you guys and also feel your pain with the morning sickness thing. Just be glad you aren`t suffering during the Japanese summer as I think that made mine even worse as the heat was just unbearable when I was feeling crappy. I hope your m/s goes away soon and you move swiftly onto the exciting blooming phase!!!

Miss behaving said...

I am so happy for you.
Hope the ms passes soon.
You will be a great Mum, cant wait to hear all about your pregnancy as it progresses.

illahee said...

congratulations! great news (sorry, i haven't been around much lately.)

Turtle Guy said...

It's days like this that make me wonder what my sister was thinking, having three kids.

Oh, to be a boy.

La la la la...

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Congratulations on your news!!! Sorry I haven't been around lately, but it was wonderful to read your post!

coarse gold girl said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that enduring the screams of my children (and mine at my children) didn't put you off of having kids! Remember, we met only once for coffee in Hirakata when you were living there? We've relocated to Akita up north. I think you win on the relocation scale though! Enjoy your pregnancy!

Laura

Laura said...

Thanks for the comments and congratulations.

Cam- I think the names that are both Japanese and English have been exhausted by mixed couples before. Don't worry, we're pretty on top on names. Almost decided and we still have five months to go.

Midori- I always think of you when I feel crappy with m/s as I knew you had such a rough time. You're right, maybe I should be thankful I went through m/s in winter.

Muriel- Thanks for your kind comment. I'm just curious, do I know you or do you you think i'll be a great Mum just by reading my blog? If so, that's a nice compliment!

Illahee- Nice to see you here. How is your pregnancy going?

Turtle Guy- Do you know how many times I have said in my life that I wish I was born a male!?

Kuri & Ping- How is your little bundle of baby?

Coarse Gold Girl- Hi Laura! I remember last time we spoke your husband had just been offered a job in Akita and you were considering it. What is Akita like to live in compared to Hirakata? A lot more snow is the first thing that comes to mind for me.