Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Whale Pirates

Woohoo! I just love this. The Australian Labour Party has plans to intercept Japanese whaling ships. But as this action will be taking place in international waters, some have labelled it an 'act of piracy'. Yeah, I can just see Kevin Rudd (Labour leader) with some dreddies and eyeliner leading his party of politician pirates to intercept the harpoons and save the whales.

I admire the sentiment but I have some concerns that this will come to fruition. Is it just me or do politicians tend to not tell the truth? [insert rolling eyes emoticon here] All jesting aside, something more drastic has to be done about Japanese whaling in international waters. I guarantee the average Japanese person wouldn't even realise if whale meat stopped being available in Japan. From my experience, it's a rare person nowadays in Japan that eats whale meat and it takes some looking to even find it in the odd supermarket.

Story here: Rudd defends plan to intercept Japanese whalers




3 comments:

Perogyo said...

Good for them! It would be awesome to see the pols dress up like pirates! :)

Is this having any effect on the Australian psyche? I remember when Canada had a super fake war with Spain over turbot- the only tangible effect was a serious upturn in national pride, which was good for the anti-Quebec separation forces at that time. I doubt Queensland is raring to separate though so it might not be necessary Down Under. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,

BTW Happy Birthday!!!

I think I remember it being on the 4th, yeah? I hope you had a great day. I'll down a beer for you...

daisk5 said...

Japanese whale fishing is completely lawful.
And is completely scientific.
In addition, it is a Japanese gastronomic culture to eat whales.
You should refrain from the act of denying the culture of another country.
watch this video.

To the person who wants to know why Japan hunts whales
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYOJYEOvSk

[DragonBall] Freezer VS Japanese whaling
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUPHXNPVR4

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ap_0uUICejnG3TGasvh8ePvsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080204060044AAgG9Cy


Why do the media of australia tell a lie and censorship?
if doubt me? Post my comment this URL.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23155612-5007146,00.html