Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Woohoo, camera issues sorted

OK, now I can actually access pics off my naughty camera, I have decided to bore you all with pics from the last couple of months.

I spent a week in Tasmania (an island off the south of the Australian mainland, which is a state in itself) in September. My parents have recently moved there and as i'd never been, I didn't need any excuse to go and see.

Tassie in pictures
Down by the water:


Salamanca markets. A popular weekend market in central Hobart. Saw some awesome cloth nappies and my Dad bought scrumpy! Nice fresh cheap vegies there too:
Salamanca markets

It was spring time, so gorgeous bulbs out everywhere. Some daffodils in a cemetery:


Wattles were flowering everywhere. I have never seen so many different types of wattle before. There were even wattle trees. As in huge massive tall trees with wattle blossoms all over. This isn't one of the big wattle trees, just a gorgeous specimen.
Wattle

Pebbly beach:


Fresh Tassie seafood:
Fresh Tassie seafood

The coastline down to Port Arthur:


Ruins at Australia's most famous prison site at Port Arthur. An intriguing, eerie, sad place:


Looking out from within the ruins of the hospital. This place made me want to cry, all I could feel was despair:
Looking out from the hospital

Daffodils grew like wild flowers in Tassie. You'd be driving and see a whole paddock full of these happy yellow flowers:
Daffodils

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pix are gorgous and gave me a great trip down memory lane.
My friend and I cycled around tassie for 2 weeks in early 1990.
It was so good, we figured if the bikes were too difficult we would just take them back and hop on a train! Ha! No trains in Tassie.
We were able to do that whole Cradle Mountain Lake St Claire thing, I went abalone fishing in Hobart, we saw the most amazing beaches I have ever seen in my life.
Glad you had a good time there.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Tasmania looks amazing, how cool that your parents live there.

Perogyo said...

Mmmm scrumpy!

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura,
I found you blog in the expat woman site, because I´m a expat woman too. I´m from Brazil, and I saw the picture from brazilian animal. The name of it is Tatu.
I liked your blog and I had a good time here.

Steffi said...

Very beautiful pictures!I enjoy to read in your blog!