Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Baking bug

Sunday was rainy and nice and cool here, so I got the baking bug.

First it was difficult trying to decide what to cook (I had narrowed it down to something sweet as I had a craving for it- usually I prefer savoury).

Here are a couple of the numerous cookbooks I have inherited from two Grandmothers and my Mum.

I decided on a Rasberry Coconut Slice. I didn't realise until after I baked it that it was a recipe my Grandmother used to make. As soon as I had the first bite, the memories came back. I then found out it is my Dad's favourite slice. Too bad i'm almost two states away, sorry Dad.


Then I made some cranberry cupcakes.

3 comments:

Perogyo said...

Those looks really, really yummy. Off to search the 'net for recipes now. (Unless you want to share?)

Anonymous said...

Yummo!!!!

If only I hadn't become a stinky vegan hippy weirdo...

(BTW you've probably realised the internet over here has recently gotten back to normal speeds after almost a month of snail-pace loading)

RennyBA said...

Hmmm - deliciouses! Grandmothers and Mummy's cook books is great!
Btw: I came to your blog again as we are listed as related at BlogFlux and again I am glad I found you:-)