Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Book Meme - or let's play tag

Medea tagged me for this game and i'm glad she did, as it prompted me to come back to my blog. I've been flat out with work recently and let posting to my blog slide. But here I am to play this game.


Here are the rules!
1) Grab the book closest to you
2) Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3) Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4) Name the author and book title
5) Tag two people to do the same



The thing was I wasn't sure what kind of book? Any book, even a text? The closest book to me was a grammar book of my husbands and very dry. So here are the details for it.

4 We haven't got lemon tea, but you could have mint one instead.
5 Those aren't your gloves. You must have picked up the wrong ones.
6 'What kind of cakes do you like best?' 'Ones with cream inside.'

Advanced Grammar in Use by Martin Hewings.


The next closest book book was this.

Now it is June, but the pair arrived in eastern Greenland from Scotland's Western Isles in late May, returning to their nest site of previous years. The ledge, as high as a 20-storey building, is safe from Arctic foxes, which would relish both eggs and adults. The female lined a hollow with lichen and down plucked from her breast, then laid four white eggs and covered them with more down.

The Wildlife Year by Reader's Digest.

I tag Meron-chan and India.

3 comments:

Perogyo said...

Yay! Glad to see you back.

Both excellent book choices- but still making me feel fluffy!

Anonymous said...

Lol... the only internet I have access to is at my office, and the only book in it (aside from my numerous workbooks filled with pages of my unintelligible scribble) is an English-Chinese dictionary. I'm afraid it ain't interesting.

If only I was at my apartment. It's filled with books! I'll try and do the book tag when I'm back in Oz (I'm counting down the days!).

How has Yutaka settled into Melbourne?

Indy said...

Eek!! I just remembered I was tagged way back when! Things have been too hectic - I think I did open up a book to a very interesting paragraph, but didn't end up typing it up!

D'oh!! My bad ;)